Here is some straighforward information to help you decide which Bryant heating solution is right for your home and budget.
AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency and it measures the efficiency of a gas furnace. The higher the percentage, the more efficient your machine. AFUE is a ratio: Annual heat output of a furnace or boiler v.s. total annual fossil fuel energy consumed by the furnace or boiler. If your rating is 80 percent than 80 percent of the energy consumed is being used to heat your home and the other 20 percent escapes as exhaust. Consumer Reports says that a 90 percent AFUE can cost about $1,000 more than a similar sized 80 percent AFUE, but “that additional cost can generally be recouped in lower fuel bills over the lifetime of the furnace.”
What's the difference between single, two-stage or modulating gas valves? Single-stage valves run at full capacity all of the time. Two-stage valves run at 65% capacity most of the time and full capacity during extreme temps. Modulating valves use more stages which allows for precision temperature control. A single-stage valve may offer the lowest initial investment, but it can cause high monthly energy bills. A two-stage valve is quieter and more efficient, while modulating valves are the most intelligent on the market and can save you big on energy costs over their lifetime.
Evolution® Series Gas Furnaces provide quiet, smooth, whole-home comfort. You’ll hardly hear it running as you get cozy with up to 98.3% AFUE savings. Features including variable speed airflow or Perfect Heat® technology can keep you comfortable year round.
Experience outstanding wintertime comfort and savings from a Preferred™ Series Gas Furnace. The ultra-quiet performance and consistent airflow from these units can reduce hot and cold spots throughout the home. These furnaces offer superior summer humidity control, in addition to consistent warmth all winter long. Let the Preferred Series be the focal point of your year-round comfort.
With a Legacy™ Line gas furnace, you can rely on excellent, dependable comfort year-round. These furnaces feature insulated cabinets for quieter operation. Stay comfortable in your home with the reliable Legacy Line of gas furnaces.
Bryant® Preferred™ Series oil furnaces operate quietly and efficiently with an AFUE rating of up to 86.6%. Keep your home warm all winter while keeping your wallet happy season after season. All of these models can be combined with a matched Bryant heat pump to create a HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system for optimum control over heating efficiencies.
Legacy™ Line oil furnaces deliver dependable efficiency and years of trouble-free heating to your home. With an AFUE rating of up to 82.4%, these furnaces warm evenly and efficiently, meaning you can rely on a comfortable, cozy winter.
Bryant’s Preferred™ Series boilers combine high-efficiency operation with hard-working durability for whole-home comfort. This top series from Bryant is available in a variety of models to fit your system.